Monday, March 22, 2010

Nest Tutorial

Yep, it's that time of year. . . I'm nesting.  If you would like to join me on this quick and easy project, here is how.

 Gather your supplies.
You will need:
Modge Podge or white glue
paper for the nest- I used a bag here.  Newspaper and old book pages also make cute nests.**see note
bowl- glass works best
paper shredder or scissors
craft sheet to parchment paper (or waxed paper, but I didn't try that)  
cooking spray
Spray the bottom of your bowl lightly with cooking spray.
Shred the paper or cut into thin strips.

I chopped my paper into smaller pieces


Pour some glue into your palm and all a little water, mix.
Using your hands, coat the paper strips with the glue.
Press onto the outside of the bowl.  The paper will stick to your hands.  Use the parchment paper to press the gluey paper onto the bowl.  
Let your nest air dry, or place in a low temp oven to speed drying time.  
 Done! 
How cute is that? 

** Just to let you know. . . the nests that I made with old book pages stuck to the bowls (even with cooking spray on the bowl).  I had to soak them off.  I am trying again with plastic wrap between the bowl and the nest.


3 comments:

  1. oh, those are super cute!
    How did you do the eggs? Those are cute too!!!

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Great idea to use brown paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! I love birds nests, I just need some aged paper now!

    ReplyDelete