Monday, March 8, 2010

Makeover Monday

I have had this project on my to do list for a while.  I finally got to it today.  

 I thrifted this dress a while ago.  It is a Lilly B.  I paid less than $3 for it.  I didn't think I would wear it as a dress, I'm more of a skirt person, but I had to let it hang for a while just to make sure.

First, I cut the top off just above the waist panel.  Since the fabric is a wonderful stretchy jersey, I ended up just leaving the cut edge raw.  It looks fine and any shirt I wear will cover the waist anyway.  I forgot to take a picture of that step.

Next, I cut 3/4 " strips from the fabric left over from the top of the dress.

 
Then, I slowly sewed the strips onto the bottom of the skirt to look like flowers. 





The finished product!  I love how it turned out. 
It didn't take long at all , maybe 45 minutes total.  


6 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I have a denim shirt dress that I've been wanting to turn into a skirt. I'm trying to find inspiration as to how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is beautiful! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love project like this. Thank you for sharing at my link party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did such a great job! I think everyone needs more skirts :o)

    ReplyDelete